You don’t need a reason to help people. Let’s remember to be kind to one another. It isn’t always apparent on the outside when we are facing struggles on the inside. After all, when this is all over, all that will really matter is how we treated each other.
When we enter this world our Kindness IQ is intact. We can keep it that way through our actions. Kindness is like a muscle–it gets stronger the more you use it…or atrophies if you don’t.
You don’t need a reason to be kind to people. Instead, here are 25 suggestions and ideas of ways to be kind.
25 Ways to Be Kind.
- Smile and make someone’s day a little sweeter
- Look for ways you can promote peace
- Just listen
- Offer a hug or embrace
- Invite someone new into your friend tribe
- Send out a kind email or card
- Give someone a genuine compliment
- Help someone out in a practical way, just because
- Hold open the door for the person behind you
- Encourage a friend or family member when they are uncertain or unmotivated
- Make peace with someone that has hurt you
- Strike up a conversation with a stranger
- Let someone into your lane while driving
- Pay for the person behind you in line
- Give your time to a friend or someone who needs it
- Say Thank You and Please everyday without fail
- Meditate on lovingkindness: May you be happy, healthy, peaceful and free from suffering and may my actions in some way contribute to the happiness, health, peace and freedom for all
- Say “I love you” a little more often to your family and friends
- Pause before you speak–choose words with positive intention
- Help someone get some rest (watch their kids, run an errand, bring them dinner)
- Pick up litter you see thrown about even if it’s not yours
- Remove complaints and curses for one week
- Gift something meaningful to someone: loan a book, bring flowers, drop off cookies
- Make a donation
- Give up your seat or for that matter move your yoga mat in class with positive intent